I’m sharing today my favourite tips to soothe those pesky sugar cravings .
So here are my tips:
- Have a snack about 3pm if you eat as you cook dinner
- Have a snack about 5pm if you crave sugar after dinner
Make this drink:
Lemon water + pinch of Celtic Sea Salt, a drizzle of honey (if needed) and hot water.
Have this drink when cravings hit. But no more than 2 per day.
The water will hydrate, sea salt adds minerals, supports hydration, boosts the adrenals and lemon cleanses the liver.
1 tblespoon Apple Cider Vinegar with a drizzle of honey with boiling water
Substitute lime for lemon.
I have these drinks when I am craving that hot cuppa in the afternoon.
Soothe your sugar cravings try adding or subtracting:
- Green powder to your water to balance + cleanse
- Green juices, soups + smoothies.
- Teas to cleanse the liver + boost minerals are dandelion, holy basil, fennel, cardamom + liquorice tea. All will also balance your cravings.
- Stabilize your blood sugar with a date filled with nut butter + sprinkled with sea salt at snack time.
- Don’t skip meals + drink coffee to suppress your hunger
- Balance the sweet cravings with salty, sour or bitter.
- Try 1tble spoon of cultured vegies or fermented drink to cleanse gut
- Drink fresh coconut water
- 1/4 cup of cranberry juice during cravings will balance things out
- Add Swedish or citrus bitters to your water
Home made chai for digestion, weight loss + blood sugar balancer:
1 cup water + 1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. ground cinnamon, ½ tsp. ground cardamom, ¼ tsp. ground ginger
1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves + Optional: Honey to taste
Blend up in your blender, simmer in a saucepan on low heat + serve
When your soothing your cravings notice your emotions….what are you really craving? And then give it to yourself.
Sugar is a drug ….be kind as you wean yourself off this toxicity. You will look and feel so much clearer within 24-48hrs.