Last week I saw my best friend who is going through what I term a ‘dry spell’ , where everything has ground to a halt leaving her feeling lost, stuck and unsure of how to get things moving again. I experienced my own dry spell in 2012 and this is what I learnt…
A dry spell:
- Occurs after a concious decision has been made to uplevel and aspect of self or life.
- Cannot be moved through until inner change has occured
- Is a time of high frustration, self-doubt and self-questioning about vision, attributes and just about everything else.
I wrote myself a ‘to-do-list’ to support me on those rainy days, see if any of these speak to you and impliment at least one today!
- Treat yourself with kindness + patience
- Give yourself permission to be stuck, lost etc ~ this will immediatley take the pressure off
- Develop new ways of answering questions to give yourself breathing space until you know the answers by either
- Being ok with answering “I dont know” or being a little more non-committal with your answers
- Make the decision to stop rehashing the story in your own mind + to others
- View this dry spell as a lead up to a new beginning. Yes, you are at the end of the road, but didnt you want to move in a new direction anyway?
- Book a healing to support the transition from stuckness to moving forwards in life with ease.
- Eat less comfort foods and more au natureul foods
One day something will magically shift and you will find yourself once again moving forwards in life with grace + ease!
Joseph Cambell can have the last word on dry spells!
“We must be willing to get rid of the life we have planned, so as to thave the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come”.