Oil Pulling hails from Ayurvedic Medicine and claims to heal diseases from digestive issues to hormonal disorders.
Trudy Joyce who co-hosts the Feminine Spirit Bali Retreat inspired me with all of its amazing health benefits.
At the time I was paying a fortune in periodontist and dentist bills with gum disease and since I began Oil Pulling; I have substantially reduced my visits.
There are two health benefits that Oil Pulling has that I really wanted to focus on (as this is what has presented with many of my clients) and that is Gingivitis + Candida; both can affect your overall health and wellbeing and are often linked to more deeper health issues such as fertility, PMS, menopause, anxiety, depression, heart/lung issues + cancer.
Oil Pulling may benefit:
Sinus issues, headache + migraine, asthma, allergies, chronic fatigue, PMS, skin issues, back + joint pain, heart, lung + eye issues, lack of energy, bad breath, stained teeth, gum disease, bleeding gums, tooth decay, inflammation and candida.
How long does it take + When to do it:
* Begin with 1 tsp for 1 – 5 minutes + gradually build towards 1 tble for 15-20 minutes
* Oil Pull in the morning whilst in the shower ~ always prior to eating
Be gentle with the action when you are beginning. In time as you get used to it then start to increase both time + amount of oil.
Oils to use:
* Sunflower, sesame seed, olive, almond but the best tasting is Coconut.
* Rinse your mouth out allowing the heat of the mouth to transfer to the water + spit
* Scrape your tongue of toxins (tongue scrapers can be bought at most Indian Shops)
* Work the oil through the mouth, teeth + around the gums ~ swish + pull but don’t gargle
* Allow your face, mouth + tongue to move as much as possible.
The oil becomes like a cleaner pulling out toxins, bacteria, viruses, fungi, pus, mucous, parasites and other loose debris from the mouth, teeth + gums.
Do not swallow the oil + I am sure after reading that ~ you wont forget!
When you have finished:
* Spit it into a tissue + put into the bin and rinse your mouth with water
* Wet your toothbrush and sprinkle with a little baking soda and clean the teeth.
If you are serious about helping your overloaded immune system out then give this a try; there are no side affects and you may just notice a difference in certain health issues you have been experiencing.
Let me know how you go!
Happy Pulling 🙂