This is one of my fave mixes to play around with for a healthy snack, to satisfy a sweet, craving or breakie on-the-go or for no other reason than you love them!
This is a blend of recipes from Elaina Love + a Bali Mag I picked up in my travels …
You will need:
1 cup of dates pitted + chopped + 1 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of dried figs chopped
2 cups of sunflower seeds
2 cups of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1/2 cup of flax seeds soaked OR use pre-grounded mix of your choice
2 tbs chia seeds to make chia gel
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2-3/4 cup of cacao nibs
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup of goji berries
1/4-1/2 cup of Loving Earth Caramelized Buckinis
- Pour the Chia into a glass jar with lid + add 6tbs of water to cover + shake well.
- Soak the fruit for 15 mins in enough water to cover
- Blend the seeds into a chunky batter + add the chia, flax seeds + salt + pulse.
- Add the cacao powder a little at a time pulsing until it blends in.
- Pop into a large bowl + strain the fruit + pop into the blender until its a paste.
- Add the fruit paste to the seeds + mix until it’s combined
- Add cacao nibs, coconut, goji berries + buckinis.
- Mix and press into either a slice tray or roll into balls + dust with cacao.
- Freeze to set….
- I use what I have in the pantry
- Substitute seeds with your fave nuts just soak them for few hours to activate them.
- I use alot of almonds + macadamias to support Australian growers….
- I will add berries to replace one of the fruits…
- Add tahini or honey instead of dates
- Add hemp seeds or whatever superfood you are loving at the time
- Add melted coconut oil if too dry
- Add your green superfood powder
- Shredded coconut + grated orange
- Make a ganache with melted cacao, coconut sugar + coco oil
- Dip the frozen balls into the mix + back into the freezer to harden
- Dip the balls into the ganache + sprinkle with walnuts or hazelnuts
Do soak your nuts for a few nights to activate them + to help with digestion
Use or organic where possible but don’t stress if you can’t