Last year I held a women’s wellbeing yoga retreat at the beautiful Sanctuary Retreat in Mission Beach.
In their own way each woman touched my heart, but one in particular touched my soul…..
Hannah came into my life for a moment but her legacy will last my lifetime.
As yoga teachers, Hannah & I were discussing the benefits of the ‘opening circle’ .
These were the questions that the participants were invited to answer in front of the group.
Where are you in your life at this moment? What do you bring to the retreat?
What you do you want from this retreat?
These simple questions awaken feelings that have been ignored, emotions resurface, mouths tremble,
tears tumble & apologies are offered with uneasy laughter as one attempts to ‘gather themselves’.
The opening circle brings the past, present & future into one moment, where your feelings & emotions
are honoured & respected because they are part of you.
Hannah whispered simple words to me at dinner that night ” I just wanted to shake them all & say ‘just let go’ ‘just let go & surrender”……
Hannah was in the final months of her life & there is wisdom that comes in dying with grace. She saw the incredible amount of energy that is wasted in hanging on rather than using that potent life force to live with heart.
This is a meditation to use on those days you feel overwhelmed with emotions & wont let go
- create space
- pause & breath your awareness down into your heart & blow gently out. Each breath moving you deeper into that place within your heart that is light, calm & peaceful.
- in the light be present to your feelings, emotions & sensations
ask ‘what would help me to let go”? “what is this emotion trying to tell me about myself”?
- breath light into your heart & keep blowing the breath away until you feel a shift
- spend a moment of gratitude for all that you have…….
- commit to listening & acting upon your insights……
Hannah, was a wise woman who lived her life with courage, grace & wisdom.
She passed surrounded by those that loved her – I think of Hannah daily & I give thanks for having her light in my life….
- If someone has passed – what was the legacy they left for you?
- What is the legacy you will leave behind?